WHY JOIN THE MSA?
- What is the MSA?
The Motor Schools Association of Great Britain is the senior national association for ADI's, first established in 1935. Full membership is reserved for Approved Driving Instructors, however, trainees, prospective driving instructors (any one currently underaking the qualification process to become an ADI.), driving school proprietors and other interested parties may also join but are not allowed a vote. Prospective Driving Instructors (PDIs) are welcomed into MSA membership and on qualification are converted to full members at no extra charge.
For a more detailed history of the MSA, please click here ... >>
- What can the MSA do for me?
Most of what the MSA offers can be divided up under three headings listed in the boxes below: information representation and services.
- Who owns the MSA?
The MSA is a non-profit making association, without shareholders, wholly owned by and run entirely for the benefit of its membership - driving instructors. With regional centres of activity throughout the country, it is perfectly placed to give you real support and superb value for a modest annual subscription.
- How much does it cost?
Annual MSA membership is £85, Half Yearly membership is £51.50 (both amounts include a one off £15 joining fee). For just over one pound a week you will be kept fully informed on all the very latest developments within your industry, belong to the senior association for ADIs and make your opinion count. JOIN NOW.
- What are the conditions of membership?
Members agree to:
- be bound by the constitution and bye-laws of the association
- observe the ADI Code of Practice agreed by the ADI consultative groups and the DVSA
- allow their details to be stored by the association in accordance with the Data Protection Act. N.B. MSA GB never sell member details
- We all want to know what's going on particularly in matters concerning the job we do. The MSA prides itself on the information available to its members. Most of that information is passed on to members through the MSA's national publication, MSA Newslink.
- It contains all the latest information from the government and its agencies and with local editors, who are working ADIs based in your area. Newslink is the perfect vehicle to highlight information and activities in the area where you live and work, as well as covering all the national news and stories of interest.
- Published monthly, Newslink is sent to every member. MSA members also receive a copy of the association's Annual Report & Handbook. Which as well as reporting on progress over the past twelve months also highlights local and national contacts.
- The MSA also has a news section on this web site which we try to ensure is always up to date.
- Information is also passed to members at local and national meetings, conferences and seminars.
· Every month to every member
· Regularly Updated
- Handbook & Annual Report
· Every year to every member
- Meeting invitations
· At least two per year
- The MSA represents driver training interests to all relevant Government departments, agencies and local government bodies.
- We are formally consulted by
· Department for Transport
· Driving Standards Agency
· Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency
- We work with bodies like the Local Government Association, ANDISP and LARSOA.
· The MSA is invited from time to time to present written and oral evidence to the House of Commons Transport Select Committee.
· The association is a member of the influential Parliamentary Group PACTS (the Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety).
MSA European involvement is as the UK representative to EFA (the European Driving Schools Association).
- Included in the membership fee
· £5,000,000 Professional Indemnity Insurance
· £10,000,000 Third Party Liability
- Advice - freely available
· Technical - Legal - Business - Insurance
· Our phones are answered 9 to 4:30 every working day, by real people, not by machine
- Local contacts
- Services - Available
· Local meetings and seminars
· National conference
· Members Guides
· Driving Test
· Check Test
· Part Two
- Services - Partner Offers
· Tuition car insurance
· Medical Care
· Travel insurance
· Sickness & injury insurance
· Accountancy service
· ADI Supplies
· Pre printed terms of business
· branded stationery
· vehicle signs
- Corporate advertising opportunities
· Yellow Pages and Thomson directories