DVSA would like to invite you to an open day at Burgess Hill driving test centre if you use the test centre.
The open day is for driving instructors, learner drivers, their families, and anyone with an interest in road safety.
When the open day is
Saturday 13 May 2023, 12pm to 3pm
Burgess Hill Driving Test Centre
You do not need to book to attend the open day – just turn up on the day. You’re very welcome to take your pupils and their families.
82% of people who went to a driving test centre open day in the past said it helped them feel more confident about their upcoming driving test.
What’s on during the open day
If you attend the open day, you and your pupils will be able to:
- Observe demonstrations of the module 1 motorcycle test
- Observe the coupling / uncoupling of an HGV
- meet and talk with driving, motorcycle & HGV examiners
- learn more about the driving test and what driving examiners assess
- find out more information about our ‘Ready to Pass?’ campaign
- find out the top reasons why people do not pass their driving test in Burgess Hill
You’ll also be able to:
- explore a working fire engine and chat to the firefighters behind it
- chat to the local traffic & motorcycle Police officers
- find out about Bikesafe and Rider down training
- learn more from advanced motoring companies
- find out more about careers in the Civil Service
DVSA will be inviting anyone who has a test booked at Burgess Hill and neighbouring test centres to attend. Please encourage your pupils to attend – especially if you think they’ll benefit from visiting the test centre and talking to driving examiners to help reduce their nerves.